1206 BENT OAKS COURT STE 200
DENTON, TX 76210
Hours: Mon-Thursday: 8:30-5:30pm
FAX: (940) 387-0434
• Babbling with intonation
• Repeats words and phrases
• Answers simple questions and follows simple directions
• You are able to understand his/her speech 70% of the time
• Strangers are able to understand them 50% of he time
• Ability to identify familiar objects, animals, body parts, etc...
2 years old
• Uses 2-3 word phrase
• Uses at least 100 words
• Uses age appropriate sounds; /b, m, p, h, n/
3 years old
• Uses 3-5 word phrases
• Labels familiar objects, animals, body parts, etc...
• Knows personal information; name & age
• Uses age appropriate sounds; /b, m, p, n, h, f, g, k, t, d, w, ng/
4 years old
• Uses 4-6 word sentences
• Identifies and labels colors and shapes
• Counting 1-10
• Answers questions correctly
• Uses age appropriate sounds; /b, m, p, n, h, f, g, k, t, d, w, ng, kw(q)/
5 years old
• Uses 5-7 word sentences
• Produces grammatically correct sentences; correct pronouns, verbs plurals, etc.
• Able to tell you about his/her day in sequential order
• Retells short stories
• Can name at least 6 items in a category; animals, colors, shapes, food, vehicles, etc.
• Uses age appropriate sounds; b, m, p, n, h, f, g, k, t, d, w, ng, kw(q), ch, j, l, s, sh, y, v, z
• Should be understood by everyone
• Follows multiple step directions
• Participate appropriately in conversations
• Initiate conversations
• Letter-sound correlation
• Able to spell and write first name
• Remembers information
• Answers more complex questions
• Tell/retell stories in sequential order
• Uses multiple sentences when communicating
• Able to stay on topic during conversations
• Give directions with multiple steps
• Ability to read sight words
• Reading grade-level materials
• Print clearly
• Uses all sounds correctly at conversation level
Below is a list of speech and language-related milestones that are considered age appropriate:
Speech and Occupational Therapy
SERVING DENTON AND
We offer services in clinic and at
selected daycare facilities.
*Providing English and Spanish Therapy
Commonly Treated Diagnoses
KS treats children for the following, but are not limited to:
Expressive/Receptive Language Delays
The inability or lack of developing oral and written language that is expected at a given age; the inability to understand and process what is being said.
Articulation & Phonological Delays
The inability or lack of developing and producing age-appropriate sounds to make meaningful words.
Frequent repetitions of sounds, syllables, words or phrases that interrupt someones speech.
Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
A motor speech disorder attributed to difficulties planning and producing speech movements.
Oral Motor Weakness
Poor muscle tone and weakness in the lops, tongue and jaw muscles that cause speech and feeding problems.
The inability to decode text into speech.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
A disorder of neural development that is characterized by impaired social and interaction and communication.
Cognition & Memory Deficits
Lack of memory and thinking beyond what is given at an expected age range.
A disorder that effects motor skill areas
A chromosomal condition that is associated with intellectual disability.
Kids Speak provides FREE speech and language screenings for daycares and learning centers.
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHEILD
COOK CHILDRENS HEALTH PLAN
UNITED HEALTH CARE